Bear in mind, this tool is first release and is not necessarily stable. It also does not support all devices yet. Whilst Todesco has said that it should already be more stable than the betas of Yalu for 10.0-10.1.1, a first build is a first build. Proceed at your own risk.
I personally gave the tool a quick test and then restored to stock iOS 10.2 to wait for a later build. This is not because the build I tried was unstable for me, but because I didn’t want to install the builds over each other, preferring to wait for a more final release with a clean slate. If you are cautious like me and value the possibility of a stable future jailbreak, consider this option, or not installing at all for now.
Read the following points before proceeding:
- This jailbreak is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPad Pro
- iPhone SE
- Yalu Jailbreak does not support the following iOS 10 devices yet:
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air
- iPad 4
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- The jailbreak works only on the above iOS devices running iOS 10.2.
- The jailbreak is semi-tethered, similar to the Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9.3.3.
- Make sure that you take a complete backup of your device via iCloud or iTunes.
- Ensure that your device has enough battery level for the jailbreak process to complete.
- If the jailbreak doesn’t work properly, you will have to restore your device to the latest iOS firmware, which is iOS 10.2.1 currently.
4) If Cydia Impactor recognizes your device, it will appear in the drop down list as shown below.
5) Drag and drop the Yalu IPA file onto Cydia Impactor.
6) You will be asked to enter your Apple ID and password. This information will be sent to Apple only and will be used to sign the IPA file.
7) Once Impactor has completed installing the .ipa, look to your device and check that the yalu102 app has appeared on your Home screen.
8) Open the Settings app on your device, and navigate to General – Device Management.
10) Press the “Trust” button.
11) Go back to the Home screen and launch the yalu102 app.
12) Press the Go button for the jailbreak to begin. Do not touch your device until the jailbreak is done.
13) Your device will reboot automatically and Cydia should appear on the Home screen. If it’s not there, open the yalu102 app and jailbreak again.
Congrats, your device is now jailbroken! Cydia will take some time to perform the initial setup when you launch it for the first time. After it’s done, you can start using it, but keep in mind that you should only install the compatible tweaks to avoid running into issues. We will post the list of iOS 10.2 compatible jailbreak tweaks soon.
Let us know if you faced any problem during the jailbreak process and don’t forget to credit us and share the post among your friends!