Google has started rolling out the official Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update for the Nexus One. It should hit your device in couple of days.
For the impatient, there is always a work-around. Here is how you can manually download and install the Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update on your Nexus One.
MANUAL UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS
- Download Android 2.3.4 update for Nexus One From (HERE) to your computer.
- Rename it to update.zip. Make sure itâ€™s not â€˜update.zip.zipâ€™!
- Connect your Nexus One to computer via USB cable.
- Copy the update.zip to phoneâ€™s internal SD Card at root level. Donâ€™t unzip the contents.
- Disconnect USB connection and power off the phone.
- Reboot the phone into â€˜Recovery modeâ€™. To do it, press and hold â€œVolume Downâ€ key and â€œPowerâ€ button simultaneously for few seconds and release it.
- In the Recovery mode, use volume button to navigate through â€œRecoveryâ€ and press â€œPowerâ€ button to select it.
- You will see the â€œ!â€ symbol. Then hold the â€œPowerâ€ button and then press the â€œVolume Upâ€ button.
- In the recovery options, choose â€œâ€œapply update from /sdcardâ€ option.
- Select the update.zip file on your sdcard and then press the â€œPowerâ€ button to flash it.
- Wait for the Android 2.3.4 upgrade process to complete.
After a automatic reboot, you have successfully upgraded the Nexus One to Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread.
Imp0rtant P0sts Fr0m Redsn0w.us: