A freshly baked version of Media Player for Apple TV 2 has been released by Firecore.Â Version 0.9.4 adds new folder artwork in Grid View, loop and shuffleÂ playlistÂ options, support for large photo collections and comes with a bunch of improvements and bug fixes.
What’s new in version 0.9.4?
- Added new folder artwork in Grid View
- Added loop and shuffleÂ playlistÂ options
- Added TV Show series cover art in Grid View and Top Shelf
- Added top to bottom and right to left navigation in grid view
- Added global setting for enabling/disabling subtitles
- Added support for large photo collections
- Added support for folders containing dot (‘.’) in their name
- Added (watched) view options in List View (use Play/Pause button to switch mode)
- Improved metadata caching logic
- Improved TV Show filename parsing
- Improved Grid View stability
- Improved metadata fetching speed
- Resolved issues with audio file metadata fetching
- Resolved issues with chapter selection screen layout observed on short files
- Resolved issues with metadata reloading in Grid View
- Resolved issues with TV Shows aired date
- Resolved issues with hangs on certain DVD menus
- Resolved minor memory management issues
- Resolved issues with scrolling in Top Shelf
- Resolved issues with folder names overlapping in Grid View
- Minor UI improvements
Media Player 0.9.4 can be installed on your ATV2 (with aTV Flash black already installed) through the Maintenance â€“> Manage Extras menu.
You may also want to read:
aTV Flash 4.4 for original Apple TV now available
aTV Flash (black) RC1 for Apple TV 2 Now Available
How to Jailbreak Apple TV 2 on iOS 5 (Apple TV 4.4) Using Seas0nPass â€“ Tethered
Visit What’s on iPhone for the best iPad and iPhone app reviews!
Do you want to feel like a wizard? Check the Kymera wand in Amazon: You can control your Apple TV waving a wand!