Firecoreâ€™s Media Player, a core feature of the companyâ€™s flagship product â€“ aTV Flash (black) for Apple TV 2, has been updated to version 0.6 that comes with added AC3 and DTS (5.1+ surround) sound, access to DVD menus during playback and a low buffer detection warning (prevents stuttering) as well as with many other improvements and bug fixes.
Here is the complete list of changes:
- Added AC3 and DTS (5.1+ surround) sound
- Added access to DVD menus during playback (press menu)
- AddedÂ low buffer detection warning (prevents stuttering)
- Improved playback of larger files
- Improved buffering and re-buffering (when required)
- Improved FF/RW controls for larger files
- Improved audio decoding performance
- Improved center channel (voices) audio mixing
- Improved DVD file playback
- Improved file sorting logic
- Improved performance and memory management
- Improved error handling
- Resolved DVD subtitle issues
- Resolved stalls observed with some files during and after FF/RW
- Resolved synchronization issues observed after buffering some files
- Resolved audio synchronization issues
- Resolved rare floating crash observed at the end of some files
- Resolved resume related playback issues
- Resolved various screensaver related issues
- Local files are now hidden when one or more remote shares are setup
- Minor metadata fetching improvements
- Minor UI improvements
- OtherÂ miscellaneousÂ fixes
Media Player 0.6 can be installed on your ATV2 (with aTV Flash black already installed) through the Maintenance –> Manage Extras menu.
Visit What’s on iPhone for the best iPad and iPhone app reviews!
Do you want to feel like a wizard? Check the Kymera wand in Amazon: You can control your Apple TV waving a wand!