The official change on the Redsn0w 0.9.6rc12:
Those running redsn0w may have noticed we enabled too many Settings options in some versions of the jailbreak (for instance, what you want your side switch to do, even if you have no side switch because youâ€™re not using an iPad). Release rc10 rc12 of redsn0w corrects that (you can just run it over your existing jailbreakâ€¦be sure to de-select Cydia to avoid package conflicts).
Along the way, weâ€™ve also added the option to enable boot animationsâ€¦these animations can be installed via Cydia, but be sure to select which animation to use via the Settings->Bootlogo setting after youâ€™ve downloaded an animation (and again, you can just run rc10 rc12 over your existing jailbreakâ€¦be sure to de-select Cydia to avoid package conflicts).
(The boot animation we tested against was â€œAndroid Boot Logoâ€. It correctly installs all the dependencies needed to run the animation at each boot).
You can follow our previous guide posted Below to jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad for Windows and Mac.
Note: for who rely on ultrasn0w unlock please stay away from Redsn0w and iOS 4.3.1 until the dev-team fix the ultrasn0w on iOS 4.3.1.
Related, Imp0rtant, Recent P0sts;
– Redsn0w 0.9.6rc10 Download 4.3.1 Untethered Jailbreak Available!
– Fix No Service after ultrasn0w 1.2 on 6.15.00 / 01.59.00 iPhone 3GS / iPhone 4 problem
– iOS 5 packs Photo Stream social feature into Photos.app?
– Apptitude Uses Facebook To Figure Out Which iPhone Apps Your Friends Are Using
– Delete Apps From Home Screen with CyDelete [Cydia Tweak]
– Untethered iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak (Redsn0w – PwnageTool) to be Released within Few Hours [Confirmed]