Intell of Macrumors has successfully ported the iPod touch 4â€²s FaceTime.app to Apple iPad. Itâ€™s working pretty fine but needs a long process to work. Once you have done youâ€™ll be able to FaceTime with your friends having iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G or Mac. As there isnâ€™t any camera on iPad so your friends will only see a black screen, but they will be able to hear you. So if you are ready for the adventure follow the steps below to get FaceTime on your iPad.
I hope a Cydia tweak for this hack will be made available soon. We will update you as it happens.
Note: You will need a jailbroken iPad running iOS 4.2.1. Follow the guide posted here to jailbreak iOS 4.2.1 on your iPad.
Warning: Read all the steps carefully and we are not responsible for any damage to your iPad.
Conference.framework, IMCore.framework MobilePhone.app, ConferenceRegistrationSettings.bundle, AVFoundation.framework, Celestial.framework, and the UISounds folder all from iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4 firmware and a Jailbroken iPad running 4.2.1 (works on untethered and tethered)
1. SSH to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
2. Rename Conference.framework to ConferenceiPad.framework and IMCore.framework to IMCoreiPad.framework
3. Upload the Conference.framework and IMCore.frameworks from the iPod Touch 4 or iPhone 4 to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
4. Navigate to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ and download the K48AP.plist for editing.
under the capabilities array, then upload the modified version to SpringBoard.app on the iPad replacing the unmodified version
6. Upload the ConferenceRegistrationSettings.bundle from the iDevice 4 to /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/
7. Navigate to /System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.framework/K48/ and rename AVCaptureSession.plist to AVCaptureSession.bak2
8. Upload the AVCaptureSession.plist from the iPod Touch 4 /System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.framework/N81/ or /System/Library/Frameworks/AVFoundation.framework/N90/ from the iPhone 4
9. Navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/K48/ and rename AVCapture.plist to AVCapture.bak2
10. Upload the AVCapture.plist from the iPod Touch 4 /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N81/ or /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Celestial.framework/N90/ from the iPhone 4
11. To get the sounds woking navigate to /System/Library/Audio/UISounds/ and put vc~ended.caf, vc~invitation-accepted.caf, and vc~ringing.caf from the iDevice 4 into the iPadâ€™s UISounds folder
12. Navigate to /Applications/Preferences.app/ and download the Settings.plist
13. Remove the requieredCapabilites key from item number 26, save, then replace the version on the iPad with modified version
14. Edit the info.plist in the MobilePhone.app that is from the iDevice 4. Change CFBundleDisplayName~ipod to CFBundleDisplayName~ipad, CFBundleIconFiles~ipod to CFBundleIconFiles~ipad, CFBundleURLTypes~ipod to CFBundleURLTypes~ipad, UILaunchImageFile~ipod to UILaunchImageFile~ipad, and add a 2 to the UIDeivceFamily array (For help with adding the 2 visit http://goo.gl/vWu2m)
15. Replace the Default~ipod.png with the attached file
16. Navigate to /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/TelephonyUI.Framework/ and rename bottombarknobgreen.png to bottombarknobgreenT.png
17. Reboot and enjoy FaceTime.
This is a syndicated post, which originally appeared atÂ MAGGadget.Â View original post.
Source: iFans ForumsTags: Apple guide ipad iPhone