As expected Apple has removed the VLC Media Player from iTunes App Store. The app has been removed because iTunes Terms and Conditions were against the VLCâ€™s GNU license. If you missed the app then no need to worry as it is available at Cydia Store now. VLC Media Player app allows you to playÂ almostÂ all the video formats including .AVI, .MKV and comes with many built-in codecs.Â Follow the simple steps below to get the app.
Note: VLC Media Player is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 4G and iPad. Moreover you will need a jailbroken iOS device in order to install this app.
- Run Cydia from your iOS device
- Tap the Manage tab
- Tap Sources
- Tap the Edit button, an Add button will appear at top left, now tap it.
- Add this repo: rpetri.ch/repo
- Now tap the Search tab and type VLC media player
- Install the app and enjoy!
Or download the IPA file from here to install the App using iTunes from your computer.
For live updates follow us onÂ Twitter or like us atÂ Facebook.Tags: Apple apps Cydia download ipad iPhone ipod Touch