Dev-Team has just released the updated ultrasn0w. This updated version unlocks iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS having baseband later than 05.13.04. You will need a jailbroken iPhone in order to unlock it. So if you are ready then follow the simple steps below to unlock your iPhone.
Warning: If you have an old-bootrom 3GS and are already unlockable but want to get to 4.2.1, please wait til Dev-Team release an â€œunofficialâ€ bundle for you.
Read it Carefully: First of all you will need to update your iPhone 3G/3GS to iPadâ€™s baseband (06.15). For this, Dev-Team has released the PwnageTool 4.1.3 Unlock edition for Mac (download link given below). It has a special dialog box which will ask you if you want to update to the iPad baseband 06.15. You will need the iPad firmware 3.2.2 (download link given below) in order to update your iPhone 3G/3GS to baseband 06.15.
Before updating your baseband to 06.15 read this carefully:
- There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and thereâ€™s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. Â Youâ€™ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
- If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you wonâ€™t be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence (then again, you wouldnâ€™t update to it if you wanted to keep your unlock anyway).
- Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you wonâ€™t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). Â Youâ€™ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if youâ€™re unlocker you should already be doing that).
If you are a Windows users then wait, redsn0w will be released within a few hours to handle this. The new redsn0w will give you the option to update your baseband to 06.15. Update: redsn0w 0.9.6b5 (PC and Mac) available now.
Now if you have iPhone 3G/3GS running iOS 4.1 or 4.2.1 and having iPadâ€™s baseband (06.15) then follow the guide below to unlock your iPhone.
- Run Cydia from your iPhone.
- Tap the Manage tab and select Sources.
- Now tap the Edit button at the top and then click Add.
- Add this repo: http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com
- Now tap the Search tab
- Write ultrasn0w 1.2.
- Select and install the ultrsn0w 1.2.
- Reboot your iPhone.
- Enjoy the unlocked iPhone
Download iPad firmware 3.2.2 from here.
Download PwnageTool 4.1.3 Unlock edition (Torrent) from here.
This is a syndicated post, which originally appeared atÂ MAGGadget.Â View original post.Tags: iOS 4.2.1 iPhone Ultrasn0w