Author Jonathan Levin has posted a writeup detailing how the Phoenix jailbreak of iOS 9.3.5 works. The semi-tethered Phoenix jailbreak was recently released by @tihmstar (author of Prometheus) and @S1guza (author of Cl0ver). It works on all 32-bit devices running iOS 9.3.5.
For those jailbreaking with Version 2 or later, the How to jailbreak with Phœnix instructions below are all you need to follow;
How to jailbreak with Phœnix
1) Download Cydia Impactor to your computer.
2) Download Phœnix to your computer.
3) Launch Impactor and connect your device to your computer. Make sure your device is shown connected.
4) Drag the Phoenix.ipa onto Cydia Impactor.
5) Now you will be asked to enter your Apple ID at the prompt.
7) When Impactor has installed the .ipa, check that the Phœnix app has appeared on your Home screen.
8) Open Settings on your device and navigate to General – Device Management.
9) Select the profile named after the Apple ID you entered into Impactor. Press the Trust button to trust the jailbreak app on your device.
10) Once you have trusted Phœnix, launch it from the Home Screen.
11) Press the Prepare for Jailbreak button, then Begin Installation, then Use Provided Offsets, and wait.
12) Your device should respring, and the Cydia app should have appeared on your Home screen. If it doesn’t launch, re-open the jailbreak app and press Kickstart Jailbreak to enable it. This may take several tries to work. You will know it has worked when the app reports Your device is jailbroken, and not Your device is prepared for jailbreak, but the jailbreak is not enabled.
13) In future, you will only have to go through the Kickstart Jailbreak screen, not the other installation screens. You will have to run the app once after every reboot. The app may take several tries to successfully jailbreak.